Votes: 12 24.5%
  • [url]http://www.tongwynlaisband.com/[/url]

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • [url]www.wirebrass.com[/url]

Votes: 19 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Di

Voting now open in the December Web Site of the Month. Happy voting and don't forget the Voting Guidelines. ;)

Also, please note that the polls have been temporarily "hidden" for the term of the tMP Awards polls. Once the awards are over, normal service will resume as soon as possible. ;)

catto09

See, this is what anoys me about these polls. I am going to try and say this without sounding really harsh, but it is quite clear that the leader of this poll (blue bar) is NOT the best website in this poll right now.
This is what i thought this whole thing was supposed to be about?!?!?!
It's quite obvious that the poll is biased, which means that the poll is not honest and therefore when giving the banner "winner" it is unlikely to be true, as maybe another website, which is better - but the band itself being less known, and possibly less liked. Not what the competition should be about!!!! Can people not actually do this honestly!!?

It is very frustrating!

Again - sorry. My intention is not to insult any of the webmasters/designers of the websites which are up

Last edited:

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
Hmm from what I see the polls are very close - easily close enough for the result to change before the end of the month. I'm not sure quite what your beef is but surely the website that gets the most votes deserves to be called the "winner"?

As for your claim that the polls are somehow dishonest - we work very hard here to ensure that votes are cast within our rules. If you look back a few months you will see we have disqualified nominations, and even banned members for trying to "rig" the WoM poll. If a vote is cast within the rules, then it counts, whatever website gets the most votes wins the poll - it really is a simple as that. Just because it might not fit your opinion of "good" doesn't necessarily mean other people feel the same about it.

Its also very frustrating to read posts like yours. The WoM gives us (especially Di) plenty to do - we have to monitor the nominations threads, check all the nominated sites, set up the voting polls, check that votes are being cast properly, announce the winners, get the interview questionnaire off to them, publish their answers, sort out the banner image, and finally make sure the banner appears at the top of the page. Makes you wonder why we bother doesn't it? :mad:

catto09

I respect what you say, and in some ways i agree. However, the Poll has updated a lot since last night...my point was that bands that are known, rather than the smaller bands that are lesser known, are likely to get the more votes because people know who they are...you know what i'm saying?

steve butler

I respect what you say, and in some ways i agree. However, the Poll has updated a lot since last night...my point was that bands that are known, rather than the smaller bands that are lesser known, are likely to get the more votes because people know who they are...you know what i'm saying?
Don't be silly, the links are there for all of us to view before we cast our votes, what could be easier/fairer?

PS It looks a close run thing at the moment :D