New tMP Owner

Jeff W

Administrator
Staff member
Hey tMP,

I'm excited to introduce you to Paul, the new owner of tMP.

Over the past year, my family (two kids under two years), plus a job transition has meant that I wasn't able to put as much time as I'd wanted into developing tMP.

At the same time, a friend of mine, Paul, has been exploring the forum space more and more. A few months ago, he asked me if I knew of any forums he could get involved with. Not long before, I'd come to the realization that tMP needed a new owner.

I have a lot of respect for Paul. He clearly cares about the communities he's involved with (he volunteers on the boards of several non-profits). He's also an experienced technologist who is good at keeping up with the operational side of things necessary to run a forum.

Personally, the transition is bittersweet because I really like the community here and I wish I had the time to be an involved owner. However, the reality is that I don't have that time right now. I trust Paul will do an excellent job of supporting this community, and I will also be advising him in the background as he comes up to speed.

Please join me in welcoming Paul to tMP!

Jeff

tMP Paul

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for all you’ve done for tMP, Jeff W. tMP is a special community and I’m proud to be a part of it moving forward.

Jeff W and I first starting talking about forums over a year ago. I'd started a company building tools for forums and learned an incredible amount from Jeff W. More recently, I wanted to get more involved in a forum, and tMP seemed like a great community that I could both learn from and support. I grew up surrounded by music, and as a guitar player and a capella singer, have always been fascinated by the amazing world of music.

In talking with Jeff about the transition, we both agreed that the welcoming, family-friendly nature of the community is truly special and worth taking care of. I’ve also chatted with some of the team members and am thankful for a great team. So the plan is to take things slow, get to know each other, listen carefully, and keep an eye out for ways to improve and grow the community, while keeping with the current spirit of the community.

If you have any feedback about forum features, functionality, and/or operations, please send me a message.

Thanks!

Paul L

John Brooks

Thanks Jeff and welcome Paul. Looking forward to your increased involvement and impact over time and wish you every success. John.