Maintaining your tMP UserCP email address....

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Hi All

Please check your tMP email is current

One of the conditions of registration on tMP is to enter a valid and current email address, as well as to maintain this as an existing up-to-date email address. Since we moved to a dedicated server I have been receiving scores of emails on a daily basis that are 'bounced' back to me from users' invalild email accounts.

This circumstances for this happening is this: when a user is subscribed to a thread and someone posts a reply - the tMP system sends out an automatic email informing those subscribers that a reply has been made since their last visit. The email is sent out to the users email address that is stored in the UserCP area. If this email address is not valid, or non existent, then it gets returned back to me as a 'bounced' mail.

If you are not receiving email notifications from tMP, it could be that you are using a new email address and have not updated your tMP UserCP Profile email address. Please can I ask that you do so to reduce the load on the tMP e-Mail Server and for me to avoid having hundreds of unnecessary emails per day.

If you are not sure if your email is current - I am happy to post usernames of those who I receive emails from so that you can then amend your profile. Thanks.

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Here's a list of usernames where the profile needs to be updated. Please can you amend the email address in your USerCP... and remember - no-one sees your email address as this is only used by the system to send you email notifications et al...

Received bounced email on 3rd April. Sent PM
  • Bigenglandfan
  • matti_raz
  • madandcrazytromboneguy
  • mad_female - Fixed thanks Rhian.
  • jonford - Fixed thanks Jon.
  • Tenor-Steffen-DK
  • johnsop
  • TuTuKu
  • Lizziejayne
  • 4thmandown
  • top_horn
  • markyboy
  • mizz_talented
  • DaveR - Fixed thanks Dave.
  • Pythagoras
  • I bang AND Blow!
  • YorkshireBloke
  • baritone impresario
In addition to the above, I received bounced mail on 4th April from the following, not yet sent PM:
  • ian perks
  • robbie
  • Whit Thursday, Man!
  • Lizziejayne
  • Bungle
In addition to the above, I received bounced mail on 5th April from the following, not yet sent PM:
  • cornetshell
  • Tack7

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
I have to say folks that yesterday I received a total of 167 emails and so far today have received 94 that have 'bounced' back to me as a result of incorrect or non up-to-date email addresses in profiles.

I sent each of you a PM requesting that you please update your profile email address... some people I sent two emails. Please can you update your profiles to avoind my receiving hundreds of unnecessary emails daily.

Next step: I will set email notification to none for these accounts.

Thanks.

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Update:

Ok, sorry folks, enough is enough - I am inundated with bounced emails. For those people who haven't updated the email address used on their tMP accounts, where on a daily basis I am still receiving hundreds of bounced messages, I am now adjusting all account configuration parameters on these accounts such that no notifications are sent out from the tMP system. This will include:
  • PM Notificaion
  • Post notification subscriptions
  • Thread notification subscriptions
  • Forum notification subscriptions
Hopefully this will stop the hundreds of unnecessary emails I receive daily. Thanks.

Splitone

You must have the patience of a saint to have been putting up with, and dealing with that amount of bounced/unwanted email. I get annoyed with two or three!

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Have to resurrect this thread I'm afraid as it is getting too much for me to deal with every day.

The following people need to update the email addresses in their tMP UserCP or risk being unable to post.
  • Pav
  • Ian Perks (Ian has been in touch but I am still getting bounced emails)
  • Well Worth It
  • glitzy
  • Paul McLaughlin
  • rumtetumtetum
  • notsosilentbob
  • ashwortdn
Please amend you email address to a valid one.

mikelyons

Supporting Member
Hi All

Please check your tMP email is current

One of the conditions of registration on tMP is to enter a valid and current email address, as well as to maintain this as an existing up-to-date email address. Since we moved to a dedicated server I have been receiving scores of emails on a daily basis that are 'bounced' back to me from users' invalild email accounts.

This circumstances for this happening is this: when a user is subscribed to a thread and someone posts a reply - the tMP system sends out an automatic email informing those subscribers that a reply has been made since their last visit. The email is sent out to the users email address that is stored in the UserCP area. If this email address is not valid, or non existent, then it gets returned back to me as a 'bounced' mail.

If you are not receiving email notifications from tMP, it could be that you are using a new email address and have not updated your tMP UserCP Profile email address. Please can I ask that you do so to reduce the load on the tMP e-Mail Server and for me to avoid having hundreds of unnecessary emails per day.

If you are not sure if your email is current - I am happy to post usernames of those who I receive emails from so that you can then amend your profile. Thanks.
Hi John, I am not receiving any notifications even though all my settings appear to be correct. My name hasn't appeared in your list of broken emails and it is the same one I've been using since the start of time!

I do receive alerts when I login, but no emails.
Many thanks,

Mike

Jeff W

Administrator
Staff member
I will be fixing the email setup later today. If you can login okay but not receiving email notifications, please PM me.