All Brass Band Top 20

DocFox

After a few years of not having voting program that worked, last month, my new voting program worked :clap:

Here is the top 20 out of 570 tunes playing on the station (www.allbrassradio.com).

Top 20 Voted On Tunes for December 2014

1. The Las Vegas Brass Band - Country Road
2. Polysteel Band - The Irish Blessing
3. Brass Band Of Battle Creek - Lohengrin
4. EYMS Brass Band - Skyfall
5. Chicago Staff Band - O Come To My Heart, Lord Jesus
6. Houston Brass Band - A Bugler's Holiday
7. Fodens Courtois Band - The Irish Blessing
8. Black Dyke Band - French Military March
9. The Brighouse & Rastrick Band - Alberta Suite

10. Polysteel Band - Bendictus From The Armed Man
11. Black Dyke Band - Perpetuum Mobile, Op. 257
12. The International Staff Band - The Kingdom Triumphant
13. Black Dyke Band - The Melody Shop
14. Hendon Band - Ye Banks and Braes
15. Bristol Easton Band Of The Salvation Army - When I Survey The Wondrous Cross
16. The International Staff Band - To Regions Fair
17. SP&S Band - The Old Wells 1934
18. Various Artists - Final Countdown / Love Changes Everything
19. Fairey Band - Jubilee
20. Waldsang Brass Band - Hook

simonium

After a few years of not having voting program that worked, last month, my new voting program worked :clap:

Here is the top 20 out of 570 tunes playing on the station (www.allbrassradio.com).

15. Bristol Easton Band Of The Salvation Army - When I Survey The Wondrous Cross

Can I lend you some of my CDs?

Bbmad

What? No Floral Dance?

DocFox

Remember, these are the top VOTED tracks. I have two or three copies of Floral Dance and about 400 - 500 CDs. While for me to be legal, the music must be donated (officially) or I must own the CD. I'll bet the top 20 list will be much different next month. If ANYONE has a favorite track or CD they want me to consider, drop me an email. I love feedback.

I run this station for the fans, not for me. BTW, to vote you have to listen on the main page: www.allbrassradio.com

Last edited:

DocFox

I got a question about the legality of my station. I want everyone to know how it works. In 1999 the USA passed a law called the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). It basically says that any radio station, over the air OR internet based can play any recorded music if the station owns the music AND pays royalties. I do both. For example, I think the band I have the most tracks playing from right now is Black Dyke, but it is a close call with Cory, Polysteel, etc. Those bands can register with BMI, ASCAP, etc. and they would get royalty payments. I have to send money to those organizations every time I play a track from any band. Any band or label can register and they would get a cheque every so often (a few cents a month at best). It would be small, but they would get paid. If they do not collect their royalties, the organizations use the money for grants and scholarships to promote music.

Therefore, as long as I pay my royalties and own the music (or it is officially donated) I can play the music legally. It has been the position of the US Government to try and keep the internet "open". I know of thousands of illegal stations on the internet - but that is their problem. What I do is completely legal (since I am in the US).

I hope this answer any questions about legalities. It is also why the station is so expensive. I have to pay for CDs (if not donated), royalties, a website, and broadcasting software. That is why I have a donation button and bless peoples' hearts, they do donate. I still pay a lot out-of-pocket -- but I do not smoke or drink - instead I have a nasty brass habit!